- Syrah 90 %
- Grenache 10 %
Red and grey clays on limestone (Quatenary colluvial deposits) in the locality of LA JACOTTE
- Spur pruning
- Average age of the vines : 35 years
- Harvesting by hand with rigorous sorting.
- Bunch thinning mid-July for maximum concentration.
- Yield : 30 hl/ha
- Complete de-stemming, fermentation with natural yeasts.
- Maceration: long, 25 to 30 days in cement tanks.
- Ageing: 12 months in barrels for the Syrah, and in tanks for the Grenache and the Mourvèdre.
- Production 7 960 bottles and 737 magnums.
- Colour : deep garnet red.
- Nose : undergrowth, violet, liquorice with a hint of vanilla.
- Plenty of spicy potential as it opens up.
- Palate : rich with a balanced tannic structure, liquorice, blackberry jam and mocha with a spicy finish.
- We advise decanting the bottle 3 hours before the meal to appreciate the full potential of this wine.
- Serve between 18° and 20°C.
- Seven hour leg of lamb
- Provençale daube
- Roast haunch of venison